Halloween Costumes 2020





Pippi Longstocking

Pippi - the beloved Swedish children's character created by Astrid Lindgren - has always been one of my favorites and a dream of mine to dress up as. I've had the blue shirt and colorful socks since I was about 4 years old (obviously haven't grown in size much since then, haha). The movies are super nostalgic for me and something I would happily still watch to this day. I also LOVE the ballet version. 


WEARING:

Sweater - The Ragged Priest
Pink suspenders
Blue shirt with yellow pockets
Black shorts
Blue tights
Wool socks
Biker boots - H&M







COSTUME NO. 2






Eleven "El" - Stranger Things

Stranger Things happens to be my favorite TV show. So, it comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me and my love for the show that I HAD TO dress up as the iconic character that is Eleven (El, Jane) played by the very talented Millie Bobby Brown. Eleven is one of my favorite characters alongside her adopted father-Chief of Police-future boyfriend of Joyce Byers, Jim Hopper. Name a more iconic duo. I'll wait.


WEARING:

Long black leather jacket - Zara
Black T-shirt - Bershka
Ripped denim dungarees
White hightop shoes - Converse







COSTUME NO. 3








George "Georgie" Denbrough - IT

Little 6-year-old Georgie is the deuteragonist (secondary main character) in the 1986's horror book created by Mr. Stephen King. Georgie's outfit is very easy to recreate which was a big factor in deciding to feature it as one of the costumes this Halloween. The decision to dress up at all came very last minute and I needed costumes that were possible to recreate from what I already had in the house. The character is ICONIC which is why I didn't feel bad. We managed to create a spooky and different background for the photos which made them stand out amongst the millions of other Georgie photos I've seen on the internet. 


WEARING:

Yellow raincoat - Didriksons
Blue suit trousers - Holly & Whyte
Forest green rainboots - Nokia
Red balloon - Juhlamaailma


COSTUME NO. 4





Charles "Chucky" Lee Ray

A dead serial killer doll who tries to transfer his soul back to a human body after being trapped in a doll with bright orange hair and voodoo abilities? Sign me up. Chucky is best known for the 1988 film Child's Play but appears in many more. I've seen more interest in Chucky as a Halloween costume recently which is great. People should dress up as nostalgic and iconic characters more than what is popular at the time. But that is just my personal opinion. Each to their own.


WEARING:

Black wig
Sweater - ASOS
Ripped denim dungarees
Striped socks - Marimekko
White hightop shoes - Converse




Thoughts? - Let me know!